BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

UGH! Pregnancy

Ok, I'm sorry but this is going to be a small bitch session about being pregnant.
Last night I ended up with my first ever migraine. It really freaked me out. First my vision went blurry in my left eye. My head also felt very cloudy. Then my left arm went numb and tingly. I continued to feel "in a dream state" so I called the hospital (OB department) and they said it could possibly be a migraine but I really should come in to have my blood pressure checked. Normally I would have just waited it out to see if it would pass but when you're pregnant everything is so different. You have another little being to worry about.

So I called Dan (he was at the shop working on the mustang) and he came home. His parents came over to sit with the boys while we went to the hospital. They hooked up my to belly to the monitors and baby was fine. My blood pressure and sugar levels were fine too so we figured it was a migraine. Being hooked up to the monitors made me feel like I was there to have the baby. Soon enough, soon enough.

Migraines can be common in pregnancy even if you have never had them before. Joy!

So when we got home Dan and I both just wanted to go to bed. McClain had other plans though. His ear hurt and he was up until 1am crying. Poor baby. He just wanted Daddy to hold him but Daddy wanted to sleep since he had to get up and work today. So he was stuck with me and my migraine.

Another crappy thing about being pregnant this time of year is the heat. You have a little furnace in you that adds to the heat! By 8am I am totally dying of heat! I still have 2 more months of this AWFUL heat too! But really I think these last 2 months will go by just as fast as the first 8.

So here I am, burning up, tired as hell and still coping with a migraine. I LOVE being pregnant!!!!!!

4 comments:

Bfun1 said...

argghhh.....You should have used Stanley's fix for the earache he was saying on Saturday night!

1funmommy said...

Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking clearly. I did put Garlic Oil in it though.

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

Sorry you're not feeling well

MrsD said...

ouch!

And don't listen to me when I say I love Summer and the heat.

Is the migraine gone yet?