BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Much better weekend

Last weekend sucked. It just plain sucked. I don't see Dan all week and then he comes home on the weekend and I still barely see him.

This weekend was MUCH better. Friday afternoon we did some errands together as a family + one. We had Z the little girl as watch with us. She is so stinkin' cute! Then Fri night Aunt Shell and Uncle Ronnie watched the boys for us so we could have a date. It was so nice of them to offer and we took full advantage of it.

We started at the Quality Inn for dinner. OMG it was SO yummy! Worth every penny. I was feeling guilty about spending that much on dinner but we NEVER do that and it was EXCELLENT. After dinner we stopped a "fun" store and bought a goodie. We picked up the boys by 10. They were both fast asleep. They really like spending time with Aunt Shell and Uncle Ronnie and Koleton is always asking about them. So it was good for everyone I think.

Sat I went to coffee with the girls. It was a good time. So nice to sit and chat and have some "adult" interaction. After coffee we went to Sears to have Koleton's pictures done. He did such a good job. He is super cute!

Saturday afternoon we just hung out. Went to the gym with the boys and swam. That was fun. The pool was a little chilly though. Saturday night Dan got the UFC fight on paperview and we had some friends over. Koleton and their daughter played really well. They had a pillow fight and took turns flying around the living room. It felt good to really laugh and have fun with friends and the kids.

Yesterday we went to breakfast and then came home and did some yard work. Dan also had some more added to his tattoo of Koleton's name. Once again we took the boys to some friends' house so I could tag along. I think we have finally realized how important it is to have alone time together. Regardless of how boring it is it is important. This weekend was so much better and I think it will make this week better too.

I'm babysitting until 1:30 then I'm just going to hang out with my boys for awhile. I'm going to go to the gym and workout. Its funny that I am looking forward to the gym. I am going to workout and read my book. It will be my alone time for the day and I am looking forward to that.

1 comments:

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

I'm glad you final had that great weekend you were looking for.