BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What a weekend.

Dan didn't get home until Friday at 7:30. He had to work an extra day since they had Monday off. Him coming home a day later really made the weekend fly by.

So Saturday we went to breakfast at Zany's. It was a much better experience than our first time there for breakfast. We ended up getting 2 coupons for 2 free breakfasts on each. I think they forgot to put the cheese on my omelette though. I had an appt at 10:45 so I didn't want to complain and be late.

My appointment was for a Massage, Pedicure and Body wrap that I got for Mother's Day. The massage was nice. Definately not my favorite but hey. My toes look purty from my pedicure. I got french tips. Pretty for summer. The body wrap was a little cheesey. My hubby basically paid an extra $35 for me to be covered in an electric blanket after my massage. I would say it was a RIP OFF! Dan wasn't very happy when he heard that was all it was but he didn't know. It was still very relaxing and I enjoyed every minute of it.

While I was waiting for Dan to pick me up I wandered across the street to CPS and found Brenda there. Big surprise! It was nice to visit with her for awhile though. I love her wit! I could hang with her all day! She is so much fun and so genuine! But my ride arrived and I had to part ways.

SO...Sunday was the BIG BIRTHDAY PARTY. Koleton was turning 3 and we had rented a big blow up jumping castle with a wet/dry slide. Well after watching it pour down rain all morning I was starting to get a little worried. So, Dan called and asked if we could change it to the Gymnastics Building. They said sure, so we were set to have the party from 6-8 instead of 2-4. So we called EVERYONE and told them the new place and time.

It started to clear up in the afternoon and Dan decided he wanted to have the castle after all. SO, he called and they said sure. So we had the castle from 6-8. We didn't use water cause it was still a little cool but the kids had a LOT of fun.

Koleton got a lot of presents. I always worry about the present part. I really want my kid to appreciate every gift as much as the other. Well, everytime he opened clothes he would just throw them aside and want the next gift. I don't want him to think that is all birthdays are about. I used to hate it when I would see kids open a gift and throw it aside before even looking at it. Now my kid is doing that. UGH! I tried to make him relax and enjoy each gift a little before the next. But everytime he was done opening one there was another kid RIGHT there stuffing another gift in his face to open. Is this normal for kids? Am I expecting too much from my 3 year old to appreciate clothes just as much as the toys. It makes me want to request no gifts at his next birthday.

All in all, it was a short but good weekend. I didn't get to see Dan as much as I would have liked. His working out of town is really starting to get to me. Even when he gets home he has other stuff to do than spend time with his wife and kids. I'll blog more about that later.

5 comments:

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures. It was so much fun to watch the kids.
I don't have children, but do you really expect a 3 year old boy to be excited by cloths?

1funmommy said...

Well, I know. I just don't want greedy kids.

Bfun1 said...

I have to crack up about the clothes - I ABSOLUTELY think it is hilarious to see kids do that with them. I used to purposely wrap my nephew clothes up and force him to open them first when he was that age because they would just go flying over his shoulder when he opened them....it cracks me up - it is the excitement of the moment, who wants clothes to share with their friends or play with. I always had a toy for my nephew tooo so I wasn't a bad auntie - I just laughed because of the clothes so when I read that it made me laugh!

MrsD said...

OH oh oh! Hey! I'm a massage therapist. We should come up with some kind of trade. Massage for you and.....I don't know for me. lol.

Where did you rent that inflated thing!

What a great birthday!

MrsD said...

I hear ya on the husband gone all the time. Mine is gone for three weeks at a time and then is only home for 4 days (sometimes only 3). It's just not enough time to get everything done he needs to do and have family time.