BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We interupt this marriage for hunting season!

So, hunting season opens this weekend. Both Dan and I like to hunt. In fact, I'm the one that got Dan started hunting. He was with me when he shot his first deer. Anyway, he is leaving tomorrow night to go hunting. I also have my hunting lisence but do you think I get to go? NOPE. I get to stay home and take care of the boys. I guess thats a requirement when you're Mom. No more fun, no more hunting, boys are glued to me at the hip bone. Whatever. I'm not complaining about taking care of my children but why do I have to stay home and he gets to go when we BOTH hunt???

Ok, so I wouldn't be so angry about him going for then ENTIRE weekend but after him getting FURIOUS with me for scrapbooking for 5 hours, I have a little resentment. He said he just doesn't understand how I could scrapbook for 5 hours! I don't even get his problem. The boys were asleep for most of the time anyway! He can leave for days, weeks at a time but I can't even be gone for 5 hours. Apparently, I'm supposed to call and check in with him and let him know what I'm doing. UGH!

He says that I always get mad at him for not doing that. True. But he'll tell me he's gonna be home in an hour and its ALWAYS 2 or more hours after that. So, yeah, I'm a little frustrated.

Sorry about the pity party.

3 comments:

Bfun1 said...

I have a friend who ALWAYS packed the kids up and went along - they camped and she stuck around camp with the kids but she was out of the house and he still got to participate in childcare activities when he came back to camp. I understand....I do, even though my husband does NOT hunt....I agree with you!

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

MEN! Who needs them.

MrsD said...

I bet between me, bubbles and B we could all take care of the boys for a weekend and you could go hunting. Seriously!