BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 20, 2009

This could ONLY happen to me!

This morning Koleton had school. So I took him to school and then McClain, Zoey and I went to a girlfriends house to hang out for an hour until it was time to take McClain to gymnastics. When it was time to leave I put Zoey in her car seat and then flung my purse over the front seat. I shut the back door and then was going to pick McClain up to put him in his seat. As SOON as I shut the door I hear CLICK! AH SHIT! See on my car we have the buttons on the door handle that you can program with a code to unlock your car without the keys. Well, we don't know the code at all and never use it. BUT when you push the last two buttons at the same time it LOCKS the whole car. THAT is exactly what McClain did.

So, my purse, phone, keys AND Zoey are locked in the car. So I call Dan from my girlfriends phone but he didn't answer. He went to work today for a few hours but was working in Lewiston so I was hoping he could run me down his key. I didn't know if he wasn't answering because he was at work or if he just didn't recognize the number. So I called my stepdad, also known as my constant rescuer, and asked him to try to call him. Still no answer. So I call Rachaell and ask her if she can get ahold of their boss and to have Dan call me. Luckily, my stepdad was about 3 blocks from where Dan was working so he stopped by and got his keys and brought them to me.

I stayed by the car the whole time and Zoey was totally cool. She didn't freak out or anything. Thank God! I felt SOOO bad! I did call her mom to let her know what happened because I didn't want her to find out from someone else before I could explain what happened. She was cool about it. She said she would be a little upset if it were 100 degrees out but thank goodness it wasn't. IF that had been the case we would have had a broken window to replace.

So, needless to say, the car will be going to the dealership to reprogram the code AND I'm getting 2 extra keys made TODAY so I can hide one on the car somewhere and do something with the other one.

What a DAY!

1 comments:

MrsD said...

See that's my nightmare...that I'll lock Khloe in the car. And she would have a total meltdown too. She can't stand to be in her car seat any longer than me getting out of the car and walking around to the other side to get her out. lol.