BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 21, 2008

The life of a Construction Worker

So...You may or may not know that Dan used to work for a Custom Body Shop in town. It will remain nameless in order to protect the GUILTY! Anyway, he was the shop foreman and he LOVED what he did. Well, last September things went crazy and the owner decided to make some "changes" because the shop wasn't doing so hot. The real reason it wasn't doing great is because the owner was never there and he spent more money than the shop was making. So, Dan had to find new employment.

Back to construction here we come. Now, don't get me wrong. It is a good living and Dan likes doing construction also. He really likes to have something to show after all of his hard work. He is making more money doing construction than he was at the body shop. There is a LOT less drama too.

However, I HATE CONSTRUCTION!!! When spring/summer comes he is always out of town. WAHHAHHAH!!! The boys and I got spoiled I guess from him being home working most of the winter. But today is the day he left for the next out of town job. I seriously feel like a single mom when he is gone. He won't be back until Thurday night. Then when he gets home he has so much stuff to do.

He has a bug to work on for a guy and has freinds to help out. I don't mind this AT ALL as our friends have helped us out SO MUCH in the last few months. Oh well, at least I can watch him sleep on Thursday :)

So thats my bitch of the week. I promise I'll start blogging about happier things! I'm ready for the week now though. Bring it on.

Rachaell, you better come ready to sweat 'cause I'm ready to kick some serious ass today!

3 comments:

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

The good news is that it is noon and I still plan on coming. I was thinking about Thursday's dinner, I have to buy you a drink!

1funmommy said...

Yeah, I'm thinking about Thursdays dinner too. I have to search my closet and find something to wear AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Rachaell JeanBlanc said...

I'm still waiting for some happy stuff.